libertarian Librarian A Librarian for Bush mjzogby@yahoo.com



Thursday, May 27, 2004 :::
 
After reading Larry Elder's column today about Bush bashing, I am fired up about this topic. Shortly after starting a new job in a law library, a co-worker came in after listening to a speech by the president the previous evening. He proceeded to tell how he was convinced that the president was really just stupid and it seems like the president has no idea what he's talking about when he speaks. Since then I've heard several other co-workers make similar comments. And most of it is not thoughtful criticisms of his policy. It's just "Bush doesn't know how to speak" and "Bush doesn't care about regular people" and "Bush is an idiot."

At my last job, I finally told people not to mention the president in front of me or I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue any more. Before the war started, I overheard an seemingly intelligent co-worker say "He's only going to war to finish the job Daddy started." I heard another one say "He's just getting revenge for Saddam trying to kill his Daddy."

Apparently some of my co-workers found this blog when they googled my name recently. Now the cat's out of the bag that I'm a Republican (shhh) and I hear less criticism from them. I also put a picture of George and Laura on my bulletin board, so if there was any doubt about me before, it must be gone now.

But I still hear plenty of Bush bashing on the streets of Philadelphia, where I live and work. I hear it on the subway and bus. Strangers asking for signatures to impeach Bush and Cheney. Friends, family members, the Lyndon LaRouche clan handing out pamphlets. LaRouche speeches blaring from a car driving down the street.

It's hard in this environment to be optimistic about the election. But I look at the polls and know that there are more like me out there and not all of America reflects what I see in this city. I still love the city for so many reasons. But the lack of intelligent debate about the president pisses me off. Let's hear some real criticism people, not just emotional bashing. But when emotions run high, I know they are afraid and desperate. Keep 'em running scared, George.

::: posted by Melissa at 5/27/2004 11:24:00 AM






_______________

BLOGROLL
ArmchairJournalists
Blogolution
CollectingMyThoughts
Conservator
Instapundit
LibertarianParentintheCountryside
Librarian.net
LibraryDespot
LISNews
Pstupidonymous
RightWingLibrarian
RNCBloggers
theShiftedLibrarian
SHUSH
SubSubLibrarian
Tomeboy'sTakes
VirginiaPostrel
VoxLauri
ZogbyBlog

LINKS
AynRandInstitute
Bush-Cheney '04
CapitalResearchCenter
CatoInstitute
CitizensAgainstGovernmentWaste
CompetitiveEnterpriseInstitute
DeadLibrarians'Society
FreeRepublic
TheHeritageFoundation
LibrarianAvengers
LibrariansForBush
LibraryJuice
LipstickLibrarian
OverdueMedia
PacificResearchInstitute
TeaseCatalog
TocquevillianMagazine
YourOwnOffshoreTrust
_______________

A Librarian for Bush mjzogby@yahoo.com



Powered by Blogger